3D Printing

Welcome to NZ120.ORG Forums NZ120 3D Printing

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Lewis Holden 1 week, 4 days ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Lewis Holden
    Keymaster

3D printing updates

Lewis Holden
    Keymaster

Shapeways have announced changes to their FUD (Frosted Ultra-Detail) product:

https://www.shapeways.com/forum/t/road-to-major-fud-improvements-starts-with-repricing.80212/?etId=159753218&utm_source=sw-email-9&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=20170510-FUD-Repricing

Looks pretty good to me, prices coming down apparently and the material will be paintable. Will be interesting to see how that works.

ECMT
    Participant

I think the option of Print Orientation is also available now.
    There are a few that are sceptical about the new pricing. A modeller on another forum wrote ” I am very sceptical about this. It is phrased in a similar way to the WSF price change a few years ago, which despite claiming most prices would decrease, it resulted in an increase for many models.
    I worry the new charge for support material will result in a price increase for items like locomotive boilers.
    “.

I’m just waiting for a free postage offer.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 5 days ago by  ECMT.

Lewis Holden
    Keymaster

Yeah, I only ever order from them now if there’s free postage. Their postage fees are unjustified, especially given they’re on the slowest service it seems…

Luckily a mate of mine now has a 3D Printer, and a know a number of others are offering commercial services in NZ (e.g. Neil Ward’s brilliant 9mm stuff) so in the long run we won’t have to depend on Shapeways.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.