What's on my work bench

Welcome to NZ120.ORG Forums NZ120 What's on my work bench

Tagged: 

This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Lewis Holden 1 day, 1 hour ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Lewis Holden
    Keymaster

What are you working on?

Lewis Holden
    Keymaster

A test with an image of my Silver Ferns…

Greg0507
    Participant

Is this direct uploaded via the site? Have we finally fixed the whole ‘Image Failed to Upload’ issue?

Lewis Holden
    Keymaster

Looks like it 🙂

coasterboy
    Participant

Great stuff!

AG
    Participant

Very nice, always a hard colour to duplicate.
    Does anyone have any drawings / dimensions for a Dj loco? Would great fully appreciate it if you could share.

Kiwibonds
    Participant

NZR locos and Railcars 1980 and 1983 editions both have a good plan. 13106 over headstocks, 10210 wheelbase, 2210 bogie wheelbase3531 high, 2591 wide

Lewis Holden
    Keymaster

Not much on my workbench for the past few months… first I moved back to Auckland in August, and since then I haven’t had any space for my trains… until now!

I purchased an Ecoshed, 4m x 2.5m which also has a decent height. They’re not hard to put together (the hardest part was putting in the piles / bearers, which I had a lot of help from my father in law and a mate who is a builder). Next steps are staining the outside, putting on guttering and electrical inside, plus lining the walls… and maybe painting. Then I might be ready for model making again…

ECMT
    Participant

Nice work ! Having just watched that UK TV show on sheds this evening reminds me of the single mans hut I looked at in Ormondville – not as usefull as a modelling room as yours would be.

Lewis Holden
    Keymaster

There was one a few years ago next to the tracks at Taita, sadly disappeared… always wanted to know who owned it and if it would’ve been any good to use…

coasterboy
    Participant

cool stuff

Lewis Holden
    Keymaster

Righto, been a while since I posted an update. A lot of the things I mentioned above have now been done, including getting the shed wired up for electricity and lighting (three sets of longitudinal LED lights).

I’ve now got three of the four NZ120 modules I built in Wellington set up, as well as the leg-sets supplied by Evan Batchelor. However, one module came apart in transit and the first one I completed (in the pic below) has been a bit munted too in the process, (I removed the bridge for transit though, so no dramas there). As well as the traverser I built being bent in the middle, screwing up the carefully aligned tracks I’d put in place!

So time for a bit of a re-think (or to start the whole process all over again). The module concept is good but after setting up in the shed, I think the traverser/fiddle yard would be better set up in the middle.

First things first, I’m going to rebuild the module that came apart in transit, and likely make use of the excess plywood and polystyrene I’ve been storing up for landscaping. The last couple of weekends I’ve spent tidying the place up and putting in shelves for tools etc (behind where the pic is taken).

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.